Arcade Control Bundle Pack

GBA FM Radio

Action Replay (PAL Only)

Gamebit Driver 4.5mm

ISO 7816 Dual Speed Smart Card Reader/Writer Interface

Smart Card Reader/Writer Enclosure
Sponsors
sophiesnappycakes.co.uk

Go Back   Interesting Devices Ltd > Canadian Satellite > Express Vu > ExVu General Help
Reload this Page Smart card not inserted correctly problem
ExVu General Help Need help or are new to the system this is the forum to post in.

Smart card not inserted correctly problem
Old
  (#1)
scuba boy

Smart card not inserted correctly problem - 26th November 2002, 11:12 PM

I am running a 2700, married sub with an avr6 and auto roller. I also got the nag last week. When I tried using the 4.6C fix, I could not get the reciever to accept the avr. Kept getting "smartcard not inserted correctly". Only the when using 4.5 can I clear the above message after pulling the card out and re-inserting a couple of times. I have re-programmed and cleaned the contacts on the AVR board, still have this problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Old
  (#2)
jt120b
Registered
jt120b is on a distinguished road

Default 27th November 2002, 12:35 AM

I had the same problem and believe it or not I left the error on the screen and left the house for 10-15 minutes to run an errand and when I got back everything was up and running.

jt120b

Old
  (#3)
scuba boy

28th November 2002, 01:11 AM

Thanks for the help. Tried re-programming with 4.6Car, got in OK but only a blank screen. Tried powering down, then I got the guide without any programming. I still have the problem with the "smart card inserted incorrectly" error with the other versions, left the card in all night, no change.

I read that Ryman will be releasing the next version soon, hopefully that clears my problems.

Old
  (#4)
wangger1
Registered
wangger1 is on a distinguished road

Default 28th November 2002, 01:21 AM

Hey scuba. You try turnip 4.99 it rolls and it works well thanks to rs nuke and all the others involved.This hopefully will hep your problems.

Old
  (#5)
scuba boy

28th November 2002, 08:57 PM

Thanks, Wangger. I do appreciate all the help and work you guys are doing out there to keep newbies like me watching TV.

Tried 4.9 but still have the problem with the card inserted correctly error. I see Spic has the same or similar problems and I'm waiting to see how he resolves it, unless you have some other ideas?

Cheers

Old
  (#6)
scuba boy

28th November 2002, 09:19 PM

Thought I would try re-programming my AVR with 4.9 when I tried to read the setup I got an error from Jeepers "AVR program not recognized could not read settings".

Not to dis the guys doing all the program work on this but could this be a problem?

Old
  (#7)
millertyme

28th November 2002, 09:34 PM

scuba,
i have had the same trouble once in a while, but it seemed to be only because of the program that was on the avr.
this also happens everytime you try to read an avr that has been flashed with ird2pc.
hope it helps.
later:smokin:

smart card
Old
  (#8)
regent59
Registered
regent59 is on a distinguished road

Default smart card - 28th November 2002, 10:57 PM

the program is not reckonized because its different bell added a zip - whatever just erase eveything n renter all info you should be back up n running

Old
  (#9)
gtpman
Registered
gtpman is on a distinguished road

Default 29th November 2002, 03:13 PM

The reason you can't read turnip4.99 is because the flash signature was not updated in it. Here is the fix for that.

Quote:
Darkman00: Change last 4 digits in Flash Signature from 0561 to 2465
As for the smart card not inserted correctly problem, do a search on Q14 in the advanced bell forum. The first one that comes up is repairing a 2700. Read through it and see if this sounds like the same problem.

Old
  (#10)
jgdss
Registered
jgdss is on a distinguished road

Default 30th November 2002, 03:24 PM

scuba boy, i was having same problem as you, however to work around when inserting avr press down on top of receiver at the point where card enters receiver. Everytime i do this it prevents 019 nag. keep pressing down until programming appears. I believe with my receiver this is caused by the removal of front plate to read boxkeys. Anyway give it a go and maybe this can help someone else.