Random Products

Arcade Control Bundle Pack

GBA FM Radio

Action Replay (PAL Only)

Gamebit Driver 4.5mm

ISO 7816 Dual Speed Smart Card Reader/Writer Interface

Smart Card Reader/Writer Enclosure
Sponsors

Go Back   Interesting Devices Ltd > American Satellite > Dish Network > Dish Advanced
Reload this Page smart card not inserted correctly
Dish Advanced For advanced and more technical discussions.

smart card not inserted correctly
Old
  (#1)
robmania

smart card not inserted correctly - 6th January 2002, 02:30 AM

I know, there have been numerous threads on this subject, but I have not seen this particular problem yet. I have programmed numerous AVR's and have a great deal of experience in this field. I programmed a camless AVR for a 2700 receiver, worked fine. Programmed another AVR, "smart card not..., tried different AVR, smart card not..., tried different AVR, "smart card not..., tried a different AVR, "smart card not..., so i'm starting to think it's not really the AVR's problem now. Inserted Virgin card, which should give me preview channels, nope, "smart card not.... Okay, now I know, the card slot in the receiver is fried, replaced it, tried virgin card again, guess what? "smart card not...

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old
  (#2)
satFTA

Default 6th January 2002, 06:59 AM

now time to check Vcc - shoul be ~5V ...

Old
  (#3)
dysan

Default 6th January 2002, 07:28 PM

I have had this problem before, what i did is short the atmel chip connect a wire(telephone) 1pin to the 20th pin put in back into your reciever, leave it in and watcg TV, as it still is working for mine. (with the wire still connected)

dysan

Insert Card !!!!
Old
  (#4)
nat007

Default Insert Card !!!! - 7th January 2002, 04:08 AM

Try:
File out avr little from right side.Make sure it can move right and left to line up contact in ird socket.try with right first and try left.Line up contac is the problem I found common.

Old
  (#5)
robmania

Default 8th January 2002, 11:14 PM

Thanks satFTA, I checked voltages and they seem to be inconsistent with other receivers. I'll assume that the problem lies somewhere there. Is there an easy fix, or a common problem that occurs in this area?

Old
  (#6)
peebody
Registered
peebody is on a distinguished road

Default 9th January 2002, 05:53 AM

I'm having the same problem with my 2700. I have had success with the following process:

1) Pull AVR out of IRD without powering it off.

2) Use Funprom (or something else of your choice) and erase the chip.

3) Do a full write (I'm using eepedit modified with MCG307) with latest keys.

4) Insert AVR back into IRD while it is still powered on.

I sometimes have to do this a few times. It is very frustrating, but I eventually get it to work. I have noticed that if I don't get the "not inserted..." message after a few seconds, then it will work as normal.

Also, I noticed that if I pull the AVR and re-insert it a few times I will eventually get the " smart card not authorised for this receiver..." message. After I pull the AVR and do a read with eepedit, I notice that the IRD has re-written the AVR with bogus info.

If I perfect/refine this procedure in the days to come, I will post my results here.

Old
  (#7)
robmania

Default 20th January 2002, 07:13 PM

This is driving me crazy!!!!!! I now have 2 receivers that are doing the same thing, "smart card not inserted correctly". Once again, it is NOT a problem with the AVR, it works fine in other receivers, plus, even with a virgin card, it still says the same thing. Has no one else ever come accross this? I know problem sounds common, but this situation is not like any I have read before.

dont sweat
Old
  (#8)
vulture
Registered
vulture is on a distinguished road

Default dont sweat - 20th January 2002, 07:40 PM

mine do this all the time....nothing wrong with avr...when you get this message pull AVR out partially untill screen says insert card..
keep waiting and screen will turn to system screen...at this point shove AVR back in...usually works on first try,sometimes it takes 2 times....

vulture

Old
  (#9)
robmania

Default 20th January 2002, 07:58 PM

Tried that numerous times, once again, the problem occurs with ANY card I use, whether its an AVR, 3M, or a Virgin echostar card.

Old
  (#10)
tylerj

Default 20th January 2002, 10:39 PM

A friend called me last night with the same problem. He tried several times to reinsert it with no luck. He had to do a full monty on the avr to get it to work.